People with head and spine trauma, cerebrovascular diseases, brain and spinal tumors and abnormalities of the peripheral nerves etc are treated under neurosurgery. A neurosurgeon will treat people with the conditions such as:
- Brain tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Neurovascular diseases
- Cranial base diseases
- NeuroGenetic diseases
- Pediatric and developmental diseases
- Spine and peripheral nerve disorders
- Trigeminal Neuralgia/ Hemifacial Spasm disorders
- Functional Neurologic Disorders
- Trauma, emergency, intensive care, and general neurosurgery.
These are the main areas handled by the neurosurgeons. Apart from these, a neurosurgeon can treat all kinds of issues that affect the nervous system.